South Bend School District attends to the social and emotional needs of students through a variety of supports and services.
- School counselors and social workers
- Early learning home visitors
- School-based family resource navigation
- Mental health therapists available from local agencies
- Positive Behavior Supports
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) curriculum, varying among buildings
- After-school activities and clubs
- Purposeful play and recess
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, a mentoring program
- Trauma-informed practices staff training
- Parenting forums, education, and events
- Collaboration with local coalitions and agencies for student supports
Please contact your school building for specific supports available to your student.